Sunday 1 April 2012

Explain this! Weird

Going through sets of photos. It's a rapid process. On the whole, I rarely go back to see the things that have been dropped on the proverbial editors floor. But once in a while, you go back and see something that your really, really, can't explain.

I had gone to do some reflective searching to see some of my past material and to see what I don't want to do in the future.

Learn from history. Let the future create.

Understanding techniques is also a crucial part of photography. Why did the light fall in a certain way? Was it intentional? Can you recreate it? Those are the signs of the masters.So I went on my pilgrimage of images, mine and others. I sought enlightenment of light. Purity. Holistic bathing. Maybe I'd see a spirit guide along the way. In fact, I wonder what creature my spirit guide would be...?

Anyway, something caught my eye. There are literally millions of images that immediately get chucked away. But in this one, I was wondering what trick of light I was looking at on my second pass. I really couldn't understand it because it looks like a ghost image like when you either have a long exposure or a blur from someone else. It looks like these things. Would be nice if it was. But none of these things were present.

I would love to say I knew how to do this, in the camera. I would freak people out. :-) But until I have words with my spirit guide, I don't know how to do this. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I see when I see this!

An image immediately discarded


On closer inspection...
Angus D

No comments:

Post a Comment