Friday 15 July 2011

Kids!

A real conversation I overheard at a wedding:

"I don't know if I'll be able to come. My little girl can scream down the place."

"Bring her! What's a wedding without life? And kids are life."



Whether people like to have kids at weddings or not, is completely up to them. I just make sure I can do my "James Brown dodging the kids" dance when they are there! Present or not, they are beautiful. Balls of energy that have an uncanny ability to drain you of yours. But they still make you laugh.



I once gazed at my nephew for about 20 minutes, watching him explore. His hands. His feet. All the bright things in the room. Everything was to be investigated. Kids must experience everything with all the senses they have. Which unfortunately also means trying to eat everything!



There is also what kids represent. Babies aren't born thinking "I know enough, I don't have to develop anything." They want to learn everything they see. Babies aren't born with prejudice. They are born with open minds. Babies aren't born with malice. Every move they make is honest.



The funny thing is I'm not even the mushy type. But no matter which way you look at them, you will see life reflected back at you.


ADP

3 comments:

  1. Can somebody please help me to push this man so that he starts HONESTLYYYYY focusing on what he knows the best? His photography :o)

    Angus...

    I loved reading this blog and I seriously think you should write more together with your photos and not only here.

    I cannot wait for THE DAY when I'll start hearing your name from others :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Martina! Angus, I knew you were a brilliant photographer, but I had no idea you were such a great writer too!

    You might not remember me, but I met you at YBW2009 and YBW2010 - I clocked you smirking at the women trying to manoeuvre their cars in the car park...lol

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ That and This
    Lol! Thank you for the compliments. No comment to anything else. :-)

    ReplyDelete