Monday 14 June 2010

"I really like Harry Potter..."

I was asked by someone who I previously did a portrait for, to do another one with a group. "Not a problem" I said.

"I really like Harry Potter..." she said.

This is the time that I would raise an eyebrow, crack a smile, and start getting really interested in what the person has in mind. It turns out she had been interested in a vision of her own Harry Potter style poster. We had spoken about it previously but it was more on her love for the movies. Maybe I should have picked up the signs! But, to be honest, it was great the way it happened. All players were in the same place at the same time (which is very rare), everyone was up for a laugh, and in no time at all, we had the basis of the final image. You should see the outtakes!

I was really proud to be asked. To trust someone to take your artistic idea, flesh it out, and transition it into reality is no small thing. In this industry, the real currency is not money, it's trust.

Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment